Canada Visa Services
Canada Immigration Services
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Family Sponsorship
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Business Immigration
- Canadian Experience Class
In order to study in Canada, most international students must obtain Canadian Study Permit. This requirement generally applies to those students who plan to study in Canada for more than 6 months.
Canadian Study Permit or Visitor Visa?
In some cases a prospective foreign student coming to study in Canada may not need to apply for a study permit. For example, an international student may want to come to Canada for up to six months to study a language (e.g. English or French), and in such case student may not need to apply for a study permit, but may need to apply for a visitor visa instead (if the student requires a visa to enter Canada).
To apply for a Canada Student Visa (study permit), students must first enroll and be accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution. Students who wish to obtain a Canada student visa may apply at the Canadian visa office that is responsible for their country of residence.
Canadian Study Permits and Visitor Visas are issued by Canadian immigration officials in cases where applications to study in Canada satisfy immigration requirements for such applications. In addition to correctly completed application forms, an applicant must also submit compelling supporting documents, as well as pay government fees for processing of Canadian Study Permit or Visitor Visa application.
With a valid Study Permit, an individual may:
- Study for longer than six months,
- Work part-time on campus at the college or university at which they are registered as a full-time student, and
- Apply to renew the Study Permit from within Canada, if they decide to continue studying in Canada.
Discover Canada Immigration Consulting provides the following services for international students and their spouses or common-law partners:
- Selection of an approved program of study in any part of Canada
- Preparation and filing application for admission to educational institution in any part of Canada
- Preparation and filing of Canadian Study Permit application
- Representation in Canadian Study Permit application process before Canadian immigration officials
- Extension of Study Permit application
- Preparation and filing of Canadian work permit application for international students and their spouses or common-law partners
- Representation in Canadian Work Permit application process before Canadian immigration officials
- Preparation and filing of Canadian Visitor Visa application for study periods of less than 6 months
- Representation in Canadian Visitor Visa application process before Canadian immigration officials